A couple weeks ago I had a few conversations with gym owners about gym rentals and how the work at their gyms. I took a few different things away from those conversations:
- Always charge for rentals, with the possible exception of teams that are already consistent clients of yours. Even then the consensus was still to charge, but charge less.
- Things to consider when setting a price is what the space would be used for if not rented, if the rental will extend hours for any staff members, and if the rental is something that will improve your relationship with a customer or expose new customers to you.
- Have them sign a Rental Agreement accepting responsibility for whatever happens during the rental time.
- Make sure you are covered by insurance, whether it’s via your insurance policy or by being named as an Additional Insured on their policy, or both.
With over 500 million users and being the website people spend the most time on, Facebook can be a great tool to reach your existing and potential clients. The question many businesses struggle to answer is how to use Facebook. We have a few suggestions to get you started:
- Give recognition to clients. As a gym or studio you can highlight individuals that gain new skills and win awards. As an event producer you can congratulate individuals for showing exceptional skill and teams for how they place and awards they receive.
- Games and Contests. Facebook can help facilitate contests such as the Hit a Ray contest or those involving taking pictures in your gym, studio, or event producer clothing.
- Re-Distribute information posted on your website. Many of your clients check Facebook several times a day. They probably don’t check your website nearly that often so you may want to use Facebook to let them know when you’ve added something important to your website.
This is a follow up article to Should My Company Be On Facebook?
Yes, your company should attend Worlds. Networking is an important part of the Cheerleading and Dance industry, making events such as Worlds “Must Attend” events. Worlds is the only event that will be attended by every major Event Producer, Gym, Dance Studio, Choreographer, Music Producer and Vendor in our industry, giving those attending to network with everyone in a single weekend. You’ll also get to see the best cheerleading and dance routines of the year.
As a Coach, would you like to see the top routines and meet the people that put them together? Would you like to schedule them for your teams or do you want a new sound for your teams? As a Choreographer, do you want to meet the Coaches and Gym Owners that could be your next client? Do you want to see the top teams in action to get your wheels turning? As a Gym Owner, do you want to meet the Event Producers that have events in your area? Do you want to meet other Gym Owners to see if there are any partnerships that can be formed? As an Event Producer, do you want to meet the Vendors that can that can help you improve your events?
The are other places where some of this can be done, such as JAM U or the Varsity Gym Owners Conference, but none will have as many people in one place as Worlds.