The USASF sent the following email about Worlds 2010:
The decision to keep the International Junior Divisions came after hearing input at our various International meetings and from our members during and following the Coaches Conference. Some International event producers have already awarded 2010 bids to Junior teams that are already fund raising to attend. Others have events coming up and have already advertised awarding bids in those divisions. Perhaps most importantly many also felt it was is still critical for the development of cheerleading in their countries.
A very strong request for International Junior Open Dance came out of the International meetings as well. US event producers offering Dance Worlds bids may award bids in any of their Junior Dance division/categories to teams that would compete at Dance Worlds in International Junior Open Dance. The Open Dance category description will be in The Cheerleading and Dance Worlds General Information posted on the usasf.net website in early July.
Due to the size, growth and increase in number of males participating in the Senior Hip Hop Division/Category, the USASF Dance Committee felt it was time to split that division. Dance Worlds bids may be awarded in the Senior Hip Hop Division at any Dance Worlds Qualifier. The number of males on the team, when awarded the bid, will determine if that team will compete in the Senior Hip Hop or Senior Coed Hip Hop at the 2010 Dance Worlds.
The Senior Semi-Limited Coed Division was also added as a new division at Worlds based on the recommendation of many gyms/coaches and a majority vote from our USASF Worlds Advisory Board.
2010 CHEERLEADING WORLDS DIVISIONS:
Senior Divisions – Level 5:
- Small Senior All Girl: 12-18 years, no males, 5 to 20 members
- Large Senior All Girl: 12-18 years, no males, 21 to 36 members
- Small Senior Limited Coed: 12-18 years, 1 to 4 males, 5 to 20 members
- Large Senior Limited Coed: 12-18 years, 1 to 4 males, 21 to 36 members
- NEW Senior Semi-Limited Coed: 12-18 years, 5 to 12 males, 5 to 36 members
- Senior Unlimited Coed: 12-18 years, 13 or more males, 5 to 36 members
International – Level 5 Divisions:
- International Junior: -14 years and younger, no males, 5 to 36 members
- International Junior Coed: -14 years and younger, 1 or more males, 5 to 36 members
- International Open: -14 years and older, no males, 5 to 24 members
- International Open Coed: -14 years and older, 1 – 12 males, 5 to 24 members
International – Level 6 Divisions:
- International Open: -17 years and older, no males, 5 to 24 members
- International Open Coed: -17 years and older, 1 – 12 males, 5 to 24 members
2010 DANCE WORLDS DIVISIONS & CATEGORIES:
- Senior Jazz: 18 years and younger
- Senior Pom: 18 years and younger
- NEW Senior Hip Hop: 18 years and younger
- NEW Senior Coed Hip Hop: 18 years and younger , 2 or more males
- International Open Jazz: 14 years and older
- International Open Pom: 14 years and older
- International Open HIP HOP: 14 years and older
- NEW Jr. International Open Dance: 14 years and younger