August came and went, unfortunately taking a couple members of our community with it.
- Former Louisville cheerleader Shanae Moorman died in a car accident, as reported by the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- CBS Chicago reported the 7-Year-Old Girl Who Died At Cheerleading Camp Had Rare Heart Defect.
- Lindsay Benton, a Wilmington, NC, area cheerleader, died following a car crash , but saved 4 lives through organ donation, as reported by WBTW and WFMY.
- The Bristol Post published Bond Girl to NFL Cheerleader: Bristol Dancer Holly Warden Talks About Landing Dream Job, regarding Britain’s first NFL cheerleader.
- The Clarion-Ledger published The Cost: Cheerleaders, Band Pay Big On, Off the Field.
- YourCareEverywhere published What You Should Know about Cheerleading Safety.
- The USASF updated their Regional Conference page with dates and locations for 2017 and 2018, noting Atlanta has been replaced with Orlando, Costa Mesa has been replaced with Las Vegas, and some locations appear to have moved from airport hotels to downtown.
- The USASF also posted information regarding online safety judge certification for cheer and dance.