Last weekend was the 2nd major All Star Weekend of the 2009-10 Season. With Worlds Bid being awarded in Indiana, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas along with UCA College Nationals, it was a great weekend to be a fan of Cheer & Dance. Links to Results from the Major Events:
USASF Chairman, Jim Chadwick, shared the following information about the USASF Board of Directors:
- 1. The USASF Board of Directors has 13 voting members.
- 7 seats are permanent to the original members and named by those members: NCA, UCA, USA, CheerSport, JAMbrands, UDA, and ACA.
- The USASF has 2 permanent seats named by the President.
- One coach seat is permanent and named by the NACCC.
- Three coach seats are elected for 2 year terms and can only be reelected once.
- Nominations for coach seats can come from anywhere and are collected and vetted by the Nominating Committee.
- New Board members are elected by secret ballot and must be approved unanimously by all voting Board members.
- One nonvoting seat is for an international (non-US) event producer or coach.
- Guests are invited to attend Board meetings upon the invitation of the Chairman.
- Board members are required to sign and adhere to the Board Member Guidelines and to pass a national background check.
Mac Hirshberg (Mac’s All-Stars) & Happy Hooper (ACE Cheer Company) were recently newly elected to the USASF Board of Directors, while Jody Melton (Cheer Athletics) was re-elected. Roger Schonder & Orson Sykes are now Alumni Members.
USASF Board of Directors:
- Jim Chadwick – Chairman
- Aaron Flaker – Jamfest
- Catherine Morris – UDA
- Elaine Pascale – World Cup
- Jeff Fowlkes – CHEERSPORT
- Jody Melton – Cheer Athletics
- John Newby – UCA
- Karen Halterman – NCA
- Lance Wagers – ACA
- Mike Burgess – USA
- Mac Hirshberg – Mac’s All-Stars
- Happy Hooper – ACE Cheer Company
- Steve Peterson – USASF
- Andrea Kulberg – Future Cheer (non-voting)
- Roger Schonder – Alumni Member
- Orson Sykes – Alumni Member