The USASF National Advisory Board (NAB) elections end today. If you were a Professional Member of the USASF on or before January 28th, please check your email for voting instructions and vote immediately. You’ll have a separate email for each voting group you are eligible for. You can click below to meet the candidates:
Each year Cheer Biz News and sister publication Inside Cheerleading spotlight 35 cheer professionals who are making an impact on the cheerleading industry. From event organizers and camp producers to club owners and coaches to choreographers, music professionals, judges, apparel providers and everything in-between, these movers and shakers are making an impact and shaping the landscape of the cheerleading industry for years to come.
Nominations are now open for the 2014 Cheer Biz News 35 Under 35 roster. If you know of someone who should be considered for this distinction, please send an email with the following information to Kelly O’Brien ([email protected]). Please put “CBN 35 Under 35 Nomination” in the subject line of the email and include the following:
- Nominee’s Information (Nomineemust be under 35 years of age)
- Current Place of Employment and Title
- Number of Years Nominee has Worked at Company
- Number of Years Nominee has Worked in the Industry
- Nominee’s Accomplishments in the Industry
- Information for Individual Submitting Nomination
- Place of Employment and Title
- Email Address and Phone Number
- In 250 words or less, please explain why the individual should be considered for this distinction.
- You must also include two high-resolution photos of the nominee (~1 MG+) in order for the nomination to be considered, and at least one of those photos needs to be a headshot.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2014.
Please contact Kelly O’Brien with any questions.
For the first time, all key USASF Standing Committee and all Event Producer Tier meetings will be held in the same city during the same time period! This “Convention Week” brings together cheer and dance discussions and planning for all parallel programs. Previously, cheer and dance committee meetings and Tier meetings were held separately. This combined week will allow for joint and separate sessions and a more unified structure for cheer and dance.
You’re welcome to come and stay for the week or you may choose to come only for the day(s) on which the committee(s) you are a member of are meeting. As a reminder, event producers are required to send at least one representative to their appropriate Tier or Sanctioning Committee meeting.
Where: Chicago Marriott O’Hare 8535 W Higgins Rd, Chicago, IL 60631
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Cheer Worlds Advisory Board Meeting
- 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm – Dance Worlds Advisory Board Meeting
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Cheer National Advisory Board Meeting
- 3:00 – 7:00 pm – Dance National Advisory Board Meeting
- 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Tier 2, 3 & 4 Event Producer Meeting
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Cheer Sanctioning Committee Meeting
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Dance Sanctioning Committee Meeting
- 2:30pm – 5:30 pm – USASF Event Producer & NACCC Board Joint Session
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Cheer Rules Committee Meeting
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Dance Rules Committee Meeting
NACCC Annual Congress Meeting
This year’s Congress Meeting will be a return to a focus on cheer rules discussion, education and voting. Sessions will center around consideration and debate of new rules proposals, clarification and coach/choreographer eduction of existing rules and voting on proposals moving through the current rules slate. Be a part of the process and be involved at the NACCC Annual Congress Meeting!