As a reminder, the USASF Image Policy will be in full-swing during the 15-16 season. The most significant statement in the policy can be found under the Uniform Top Guidelines, which reads as follows:
“Uniform tops may not include an exposed midriff (crop top) except when worn by athletes competing in Senior aged divisions.”
This section of the policy directly affects all Tiny, Mini, Youth and Junior teams moving forward (it excludes Senior, Open and International Open teams). Teams in these divisions will need to be compliant with the Image Policy during the 2015-16 season. Teams that do not adhere to the policy will be subject to a safety infraction. As part of their Safety Judge training this summer, USASF Safety Judges will review this policy and be responsible for issuing all deductions on-site at competitions.
Since the midriff is defined as “the region of the front of the body between the chest and the waist,” we have provided sample sketches in the Image & Appearance Guidelines for further clarification of what is and what isn’t appropriate.
To view the USASF Image Policy, click here.
The USASF sent the results of the recent Age Grid and Rules vote and published the results on USASF.net.
- Cheer Rules Change Proposal Forms were submitted until June 1, 2014.
- NACCC Executive Committee and the USASF Cheer Rules Committee reviewed all forms to determine the final list of proposals.
- Proposals were discussed and debated at all USASF Regional Meetings and at the NACCC Annual Congress Meeting this past summer.
- USASF Professional Members had one week to cast votes following the NACCC Annual Congress Meeting.
What Happens Next
- NACCC Board of Directors and USASF Rules Committee review the results of both the Age Grid and the Cheer Rules slates.
- USASF Rules Committee presents final rules recommendations to the USASF Board of Directors for approval.
- 2015-17 Cheer Rules are scheduled to be posted in March, 2015.
- For those who want more details, the process is posted on line as noted: USASFrules.com.
Cheer Rules Poll Results
The August 20th show centered around the USASF Voting Slate. Adam, Andre, King, Lark, & Lisa discussed the Age Grid Proposals this week and will continue with the Rules Proposals next week.