February came and went, bringing a couple of the largest events of the year with it.
- The USASF posted Rules Change Forms for Cheer and Dance, Worlds Score Sheets & Deductions, Young Athlete Scholarship information, and updated National Advisory Boards for Cheer and Dance.
- The Orlando Sentinel published Disney’s ESPN Sports Complex to Open Cheerleading Venue.
- Opposing Views published #BowsForBoys: School Rallies Around Male Student Who Was Reportedly Denied Lunch Over Hair Bow.
- PR Newswire published National High School Cheerleading And Dance Team Championships Attract Record Participation, CHEERSPORT National Championships Attract More Than 1,100 Teams To 20th Annual Event, and NCA & NDA All-Star National Championships Host More Than 1,200 teams and 50,000 Spectators.
- The Idaho State Journal published Coach: ‘Cheerleading is in Every Sense of the Word a Sport’.
- USA Today published NFL Cheerleaders Scoring Victories in Labor Lawsuits.
- The Minaret Online published Cheerleading Just as Demanding as Other Sports.
- Inc. published Inside the Vicious, Vicious Cheerleader Wars and the Dallas Morning News followed with What Inc. Taught Us About Varsity, Rebel and the Leaps to Win the Cheerleading Apparel Battle.
- The Telegraph published The Rise of Cheerleading in the UK.