Shortly after the conclusion of the 2014 UCA/UDA College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship, held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports January 17–19, it came to our attention that Small Coed Division II team Columbus State University had violated our guidelines for eligibility.
Because of this, we have had to disqualify Columbus State University, making the team ineligible for its first place standings in Small Coed Division II and Coed Partner Stunts.
As a result, the 2014 championship title and first place honors for Small Coed Division II has been awarded to Wilmington University, and the Coed Partner Stunt honors was awarded to the partner stunt couple from Wilmington University, Ariel and David.
Final rankings for Small Coed Division II are now as follows:
- Wilmington University
- University of Southern Indiana
- Colorado Mesa University
- Midwestern State University
Final rankings for 2014 College Cheerleading Championship Coed Partner Stunt Finals are now as follows:
- Wilmington University, Ariel and David
- Sam Houston State University, Megan and Jesse
- Sam Houston State University, Kaela and Dillon
- Sam Houston State University, Alyssa and Vontae
- University of Central Florida, Sarah and Jacob
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Lauren and Dustin
- Sam Houston State University, Macee and Patrick
- Oklahoma City University, Chantal and Morgan
- North Carolina State University, Sheldron and Nigeste
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Hannah and Enrique
- Texas Tech University, Skyla and David
- Wichita State University, Sophia and Ada
While UCA is disappointed that we have had to disqualify a team with a history of strong cheerleading programs, we offer our sincerest congratulations to Wilmington University.